Perks & Benefits
The little extras that make a difference
We offer a variety of plans to fit your and your family’s needs, including: Medical, Dental, FSA, Life Insurance, Gym Membership & Fitness Reimbursement, Short and Long Term Disability, and 401k options.
Flexible Vacation Policy:
We have an unlimited vacation policy that allows our employees to manage their own time and take days off when they want them, not as they earn them.
Complimentary Eats & Drinks:
Tea, soda, excellent coffee, snacks, fruit, granola bars, candy (for that sweet tooth), fresh baked cookies, and regular luncheons.
Room to grow:
Profitect’s fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment offers you the chance to shape a product, company, and the retail industry while providing unparalleled growth opportunities.
On Site Fitness Center:
We know that staying fit can be important to you. An on site fitness center with state of the art equipment and modern locker room/shower facilities offers the convenience of getting your exercise in during the work week.
Location, Location, Location:
Located in Burlington, MA, 15 miles from Boston, adjacent to the Middlesex Turnpike (I-95) interchange, a short distance from both Route 2 and the Mass Turnpike, our office is easily accessible from anywhere in the greater metropolitan area.
Casual Work Environment
We provide a casual, friendly work environment work flexible hours, and believe in a work/life balance.
Employee Assistance Program:
Our assistance program includes Life Planning, Financial & Legal Resources, Life Portability, and Life Conversion.
Profitect’s Customer Success team is looking for a Retail & CPG Analytics Consultant Located in Greater Boston, MA.
The Retail & CPG Analytics Consultant should be as expert in understanding customers’ data, the business problems we are solving, and translating this knowledge to create and deliver relevant “analytic algorithms” that can be configured in the Profitect solution.
The Retail & CPG Analytics Consultant will be part of our Analytics Consulting team, reporting to a senior Customer Success Manager. The Analytics consultant will work closely with all customer success managers and their customers, the Chief Customer Officer as well as with data operations, sales and product teams.
- Innovate, create, configure, validate and maintain “analytic algorithms” for the Profitect “Pattern Analytics engine” by working closely with the Customer Success Managers and customers.
- Lead a range of special projects or tasks that may be assigned to improve our overall customer success operation, such as automated pattern bank (our portfolio of analytic algorithms), new data analytic tools and methods to improve productivity, automated customer health tracking, customer value/ROI calculator, etc.
- Participate with Customer Success Managers in all phases of the customer engagement to ensure delivery exceeds expectations
- Participate with Customer Success managers in delivering periodic “Pattern Analysis Reviews” and related training sessions with customers.
- Be the expert for all analytical capabilities of the Profitect tools, both to the customers and internally for R&D, Sales and Data teams. Includes providing feedback and ideas to Product Management for additional needs and capabilities to deliver higher value to our customers.
- 2+ years’ experience in a business data analyst type of role involving business intelligence and/or analytics software implementation in a fast moving and dynamic environment (like we have at Profitect)
- Familiarity and knowledge of applying analytic methods/tools to large scale retail data sets from transactional/ point of sale, loyalty through inventory and supply chain to generate business insights.
- Ability to convert business requirements into pattern-analytics via advanced software configuration, and relate results back to business value.
- Advantage – Experience working for a Retail organization in one or more of the following functional areas: IT/Business Intelligence, eComm/Omni channel, Loss Prevention/Asset Protection, Store Operations, Retail Analytics, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Shopper Marketing, Finance
- Advantage – Experience in advanced analytic methods and tools such as Machine learning/clustering models, SAS, R, Python and/or many others to generate business insights from large scale data sets
- A team player on a national team supporting a large region and willing to travel as necessary up to 25%
- Excellent Project management, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated customer management skills
- BA/BS degree, in engineering, computer science, math/statistics or a related technical discipline
Profitect’s Customer Success team is looking for a Retail Customer Success Manager Located in Greater Boston, MA
The Customer Success Manager leads the entire engagement lifecycle for Profitect at multiple customers, from root cause analysis, Pattern-analytics solution configuration, data & customer on-boarding, education and training, and rollout acceleration.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for customer value realization, customer satisfaction and referencability, solution adoption and overall engagement project management. The Customer Success Manager is jointly responsible for contract renewal with the sales team and contributes heavily to new sales expansion programs.,
The Customer Success Manager will report to the Chief Customer Officer, and work closely with members of the customer success, data operations, sales and product teams.
- Lead all phases of the customer engagement to ensure delivery exceeds expectations
- Lead Profitect’s solution training sessions with customers from super user/analysts to functional field users
- Configure and deliver Prescriptive analytics “Patterns and Prescriptive Actions”, Machine learning clustering and other tools to generate value and adoption
- Build and maintain the customers’ Profitect solution environment to maximize their value over time across multiple departments
- Act as overall engagement project manager, coordinate internal and customer resources, drive identification and resolution of risk
- Provide business process improvement recommendations to customers that will accelerate their adoption and value achievement
- 2+ years experience implementing SaaS retail analytics and Business Intelligence software solutions and managing customers.
- Analytic skills to convert business requirements into pattern-analytics via advanced software configuration and relate results back to business value
- Demonstrated experience applying analytic methods/tools and advanced custom queries to large scale retail data sets from transactional/point of sale, through inventory, merchandising and supply chain to generate business results
- Work experience could come from one or more of the following:
- An Analytics-oriented management consulting firm
- An Analytical software or Business Intelligence solution provider
- A Retailer working in any of the following departments: IT/Analytics, Asset Protection/Loss Prevention, Point of Sale, ecomm/Omni channel, Shopper/Loyalty, Store Operations, Inventory/Supply Chain and Merchandising.
- A team player on a national team supporting a large region and willing to travel as necessary
- Deep understanding of the retail/enterprise landscape and business challenges
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills with a proven track record of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and delivering projects on budget
- Demonstrated history of building effective relationships with customers
- Background in technical consulting or sales – advantage
- BA/BS degree, in a technical or managerial discipline
- Expected travel 25 to 40%
Research & Development
Profitect’s Research and Development team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our awesome development group in Greater Boston, MA
Perform software engineering working with Product Management to understand requirements and design appropriate solutions. Design and develop software architecture and serve as a senior coder. Review software designs and perform code reviews. Work with Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure high quality software releases.
- Develop major capabilities in Profit Amplification Suite
- Develop and improve functionality of core products
- Take ownership of major parts of the architecture
- Assist in product migration to new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or related field plus three (3) years of experience performing software development working on customer facing web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write code in a load-balanced, multi-threaded environment using C#3.5.
- Object Oriented analysis and classic design patterns.
- Converting designs into user interfaces.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Silverlight, MVVM, and XAML.
- Relational database concepts, foreign keys and SQL Server.
- Retail enterprise software
Profitect’s Research and Development team is looking for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Architect / Developer to join our awesome development group in Greater Boston, MA.
We are seeking a data scientist with expertise in machine learning and its use in identifying opportunities in customer data. If you love data, curious about analyzing and finding problems, and identifying solutions then this job is for you. The successful candidate will be a member of a close-knit team of data analysts, data scientists, and software developers analyzing large, multidimensional datasets from internal and external sources. The ideal person will develop and apply novel models on customer data in order to help identify areas to increase profits and reduce losses.
- Design and implementation of Regression based predictive models incorporating diverse data types.
- Integration of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms as well as the development of new methods.
- Identification, assessment, and deployment of newly published techniques, staying current with the field.
- Team with experimentalists to translate models into testable hypotheses
- Develop tools to support analysis and visualization of large datasets.
- Strong background in statistics, machine learning, deep learning, or graph/network analysis and programming necessary.
- Experience in solving large-scale real-world industry problems, preferably in collaboration with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of statistical programming techniques and languages (e.g., R, Python, Java, etc.).
- Working knowledge of common machine learning approaches (e.g. regression, clustering, classification, dimensionality reduction, supervised and unsupervised techniques, Bayesian reasoning, boosting, random forests, deep learning) and data analysis packages (e.g. scikit-learn, pyclustering, pathways analysis, MLlib)
- Prior experience in Natural Language Processing using NLTK
- Retail industry experience necessary
- Comfort and proficiency in Windows and Linux systems and experience using cloud compute (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure).
- Familiarity with noSQL databases, graphical analyses, and large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Solid understanding of data structures, software design and architecture.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, but also a co-operative team player.
- Masters in Computer Science, Machine learning, or related discipline.
- Full-time position
Senior QA Lead
Provide software quality assurance engineering services to advance the capabilities of our software solution and have an impact on an emerging product category. Generate and execute test procedures on web and mobile applications. Modify and execute manual software test plans. Analyze test results to validate existing functionality and recommend corrective action. Maintain and update existing test documentation and create new tests based on needs. Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify fixes.
Requires a Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a directly related field plus two (2) years of computer and operating system architecture experience. Experience must include:
Two (2) years of experience in each of the following:
- Utilizing Microsoft Office Tools
- Utilizing analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Quickly learning new concepts independently
- QA process tools including Jira
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux
- Agile development methodologies
Will accept a Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of described experience.
Experience may be gained before, during, or after Bachelor’s-level degree program.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: HR, Job Code: Sr. QA Lead, Waltham.
Sales & Marketing
Profitect’s Global Sales Team is looking for an Account Executive located in greater Boston, MA
Profitect, an award winning prescriptive analytics provider, is hiring an Account Executive to help us bring our next generation solutions to leading retail organizations. Backed by an impressive investor group, lead by an experienced leadership team, and driven by an incredible team of talented engineers, we have the next-generation analytics solution – today.
We’re looking for smart, professional, strategic, highly-productive and self-motivated sales executives with a track record of success selling SaaS solutions. We love people who share our entrepreneurial spirit and we reward individual initiative to help propel the whole team forward.
- Clearly and compellingly communicate the value of Profitect software solutions to prospective buyers in leadership roles in retail store operations, IT, analytics, supply chain, loss prevention, marketing and merchandising.
- Maintain full ownership of your territory/assigned target clients and sales cycles from lead generation through successful deal close.
- Manage and own all sales cycles from end to end while pulling in necessary resources from Profitect to assist when and as needed.
- Work independently and with Inside Sales team to prospect territory and generate a high volume of quality meetings with viable prospects to build a strong revenue pipeline. Provide regular sales forecasting, sales plans, and other reporting to sales management.
- Qualify prospects based on the sales process used by Profitect
- Establish relationships at all levels of prospect’s organization and be the primary point of contact. Engage in a consultative sales process to understand each Prospect’s wants/needs/goals in order to determine and communicate where Profitect can deliver maximum value.
- Collaborate with the Profitect industry solutions team to refine requirements and deliver business solutions.
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
- Use your natural curiosity, communication skills and ambition to improve your performance and the performance of the team
- 3+ years experience in software sales
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to build relationships quickly
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage time productively
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to learn and continuously improve
- Team spirit; you seriously care about what you do and appreciate collaborating with your colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any business or scientific field
- Superb solution and consultative sales skills with the ability to apply creative thinking to the sales process.
- Work experience in retail industry is an advantage
- MEDDIC sales training is an advantage
- 50% travel
Profitect is seeking an accomplished and driven Product Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing team in greater Boston, MA
This Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for translating Profitect’s product and capabilities into customer value. Responsibilities will include developing crisp product positioning and collateral and facilitating in the writing and development of compelling marketing campaigns and content (e.g., webinars, white papers, case studies). This person will also lead our competitive intelligence program.
This individual should be driven, flexible, and able to work with multiple departments in the organization to drive existing and new product understanding, positioning, and pipeline growth. The successful candidate thinks strategically and long-term, but is predominantly a “roll up your sleeves” doer with a track record of taking initiative.
- Develop differentiated messaging by role, industry, and more for Profitect’s product suite.
- Contribute to sales enablement including website management and the creation and maintenance of sales presentations and materials.
- Manage both existing product version and new product launches.
- Create relevant marketing content including sales decks, blog posts, video testimonials and presentations, feature release communications, case studies, etc.
- Create competitive analysis of documentation and any related web content.
- Assist with Requests for Proposal (RFP) submissions for Profitect’s product suite.
- Lead additional strategic initiatives for the company as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of marketing experience, with at least one year in product marketing.
- Go-getter attitude with passion for making an impact and gaining responsibility.
- Interest in writing marketing content with exemplary writing skills and strong knowledge of PPT.
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects and prioritize effectively.
- Genuine desire and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Team player: ability to work cross-functionally, great communication, and presentation skills.
- Some travel availability needed to support trade show and event execution
Profitect is seeking an accomplished and driven Digital Marketing Specialist to join our growing Marketing team in greater Boston, MA!
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing Profitect’s SEO engagements, PPC campaigns, and executing programs for website content optimization. This individual will be an expert at keyword research and monitoring and evaluating search results and performance across major search channels in order to improve rankings.
This individual should be driven, flexible, and enjoy hands-on technical problem solving and execution that requires absolute thoroughness and attention to detail. The right individual must be a proficient editor and proofreader of website content for SEO. The successful candidate must also work cooperatively within the Marketing team to proactively identify new approaches to improve and grow Profitect’s online presence to drive more traffic and net new business leads.
- Oversee the maintenance and support of the corporate website, including managing projects to enhance web systems, infrastructure, and content.
- Optimize site accessibility and performance through search engine optimization utilizing a variety of tools such as SEO Moz.
- Collect, analyze, and report data on relevant usage/traffic and usability statistics.
- Keyword research and Content Calendar creation.
- Take an active role not only in developing new features for better online presence, but repackaging and leveraging of existing content.
- Assist with digital video production and promotion of video through website and other channels.
- Contribute to additional strategic initiatives for the company as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, is required
- Experience creating and optimizing Adwords/PPC campaigns is required
- Up-to-date knowledge of web standards and best practices, trends, and usability
- Superior time management and organizational skills with experience working on multiple tasks with multiple deadlines
- Excellent writing/proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Pardot a big plus!
Profitect’s Global Sales Team is looking for an Inside Sales Representative for the European Region located in greater Boston, MA. This is an entry level position where you can learn critical sales skills to boost your career.
Profitect is the leading provider of prescriptive analytics, helping companies leverage existing big data investments to identify, resolve, and measure opportunities for improvement by delivering actionable prescriptive analytics to the right person, at the right time. We offer a suite of solutions to help retailers easily understand and act on their data. These actions replace traditional reporting to ensure improved sales and profitability. Instead of sending someone a report to analyze, just tell them the opportunity and prescribe the actions they should take. It’s that simple.
Based in Burlington, MA, less than 15 miles outside of Boston, Profitect fosters a culture that values commitment, loyalty, and respect. We support a work/life balance and a healthy lifestyle. At our core, we believe that a great work environment is one where people feel like they make an impact, and also have fun while doing it.
The Inside Sales Representative will support the sales team by working with them to identify and qualify sales opportunities. The role will report to sales operations and will be an integral part to the inner workings of the sales team.
- Conduct high volume of outbound/inbound calls to identify qualified leads
- Work closely with the assigned Account Managers to build and maintain a healthy pipeline of qualified accounts
- Schedule online product demonstrations for Account Managers
- Partner with internal teams to run outbound email campaigns
- Support the sales team in sales related tasks
- The successful candidate will work closely with both our European and US teams.
- Bachelors degree in a business-related program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 0-2 years of business to business sales experience
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- A competitive drive to meet and exceed individual and team quota
- Experience with a CRM is preferred
- Organization skills
- Retail experience is a plus
- UK retail market experience preferred
- Fluency in other languages such as French, German, Italian or Dutch, are a plus
Profitect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Profitect is seeking an accomplished and driven Client Partner Manager to join our growing Global Account Management team in Greater Boston, MA
Profitect, an award winning prescriptive analytics provider, is hiring a Client Partner Manager to help us maintain and upsell the Profitect solution to leading retail organizations. Backed by an impressive investor group, lead by an experienced leadership team, and driven by an incredible team of talented engineers, we have the next-generation analytics solution – today.
We’re looking for a smart, professional, strategic, highly-productive and self-motivated Client Partner with a track record of success managing SaaS solution accounts. We love people who share our entrepreneurial spirit and we reward individual initiative to help propel the whole team forward.
- Seek out, build, and maintain strong customer relationships at the executive leadership level, across all business groups: operations, finance, merchandising, planning and allocation, supply chain and, asset protection
- Continued engagement throughout the customer relationship to drive two critical goals:
- Renewal of existing agreements
- Upsell of additional Profitect software modules
- Work in conjunction with Profitect’s Customer Success team to ensure software platform adoption with new customers, driven by a strong understanding of Profitect features and functions, as well as the business needs of the retail user community to drive customer value
- Act as ‘voice of customer’ within Profitect – liaise between Profitect Executive group, Customer Success, Data Services, and R&D teams to ensure we meet and exceed customer expectations throughout the engagement lifecycle
- Collaborate with Profitect Director of Strategic Accounts, VP of Sales on new opportunity development, proposal submissions, and related contract negotiation to ensure successful and timely closure of new business.
- Work closely with Director, Strategic Accounts on continued development of Profitect’s global account management methodology.
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years’ work experience as a software\analytics Program / Project Manager, Account Manager, or similar role – Retail vertical focus a significant plus
- Desire to utilize current customer delivery and management skill sets while developing Sales acumen and experience.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Solid experience with Sales Pipeline, Account Management, CRM software (e.g. Salesforce or similar)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions meeting customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Travel 25%
Innovations & Data Operations
Profitect’s Innovations and Data Operations Team is looking for a Data Integration Developer to be part of the US team Located in Greater Boston, MA
Join an energetic team implementing the next big thing in Retail. As a Data Integration Developer you’ll work with major retailers to deliver our Cloud based Prescriptive Analytics Solution while creating value and directly impacting their performance. If you like to work on interesting challenges and have a passion for making a difference to amazing businesses, this may be the next great opportunity for you.
- Integrate enterprise data sources with Profitect products
- Innovate our data integration capabilities to connect to new cloud data sources.
- Handle several enterprise software implementation projects simultaneously.
- Lead all aspects of the products’ technical deployment.
- Collaborate with the other stake holders to ensure successful implementation
- Strong Communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience with ETL processes and data integration
- C# or Java OOP skills
- Proficient programming in T-SQL
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Microsoft SQL server:
- Performance Tuning– Writing stored procedures – Handling large volumes of data
- Ability to technically handle multiple projects at the same time
- Good interpersonal skills and dedication to a team environment
- Experience with large enterprise and cloud based solutions
- BA/BSc Degree in computer science or any relevant computer discipline