Increased Profits Knocking at the Back Door
The Profitect Delivery & Receiving (D&R) module allows you to understand the behavior of a store’s delivery and receiving data. The module delivers quick, directed actions equipped with the necessary details to understand and impact the behavior of your stores’ back door interface. It ensures greater long-term success by comparing incoming D&R data with customizable benchmarks and statistical metrics from the delivery acknowledgement to the driver and carton level. By correlating receiving, transfers, and returns data with sales and inventory levels. Profitect delivers directed, timely actions to help improve overall D&R performance and accuracy. The module automatically analyzes data patterns with key performance indicators (KPIs) such as on-time and complete delivery, fraud, collusion, seal compliance, and reverse logistics execution to identify opportunities and solutions for margin expansion. It provides specific, guided, and actionable insights for additional growth and loss prevention, sending them directly to the appropriate personnel for immediate action. The delivery and receiving module identifies data anomalies, directly provides decision-makers with specific actions to implement, and continuously measures results to ensure positive outcomes.
- Improves on-time and percent complete performance
- Reduces delivery and receiving fraud
- Increases productivity of associates
- Improves receiving accuracy
- Reduces possible leakage
- Minimizes damage/waste
- Improves visibility to RTV and reverse logistics compliance
- Reduces in-transit time
- Prevents future D&R discrepancies
- Store receiving transactions
- DSD receipts
- Warehouse and third party deliveries
- Return to vendors
- Receiving claims
- Seal compliance
- DSD/DC/STS deliveries
- In-store On-hand snapshots
- Daily sales
- Seal #
- Truck routes
- Delivery information
Profitect delivered a task management system that provided timely, detailed patterns with guided recommendations for decreasing fraud and increasing compliance directly to the appropriate personnel.
- The Challenge: A general merchandiser was experiencing a pattern of receivers having low claims on drivers with high delivery irregularities. The company was unsure whether the irregularities were due to fraud, noncompliance, or lack of training.
- The Course of Action: The merchandiser implemented the Profitect Delivery & Receiving module to provide stores with best practice recommendations to remedy the increasing number of discrepancies at the back door interface. With the help of the module, the stores were able to identify and analyze the worst drivers and the best receivers, while pinpointing the individual suppliers involved, to reduce related losses.
- The Results: Using the guided actions provided to the managers, the company was able to refresh guidelines for the specific receivers, drivers, and suppliers involved, resulting in $80,000 recovery. Had the company not been using the Profitect D&R module, this issue would not have been discovered and further profit opportunities would have been missed.
The Profitect Delivery & Receiving Module immediately helped uncover new ways to reduce shrink and damage using the best practice solutions bank. Profitect supported us throughout the implementation process and adapted the module to our specific needs to ensure long-term success.
- The Challenge: A grocery chain was experiencing increasing shrink in their supply chain over time. In addition, the company was unable to detect and prevent the problems impacting their bottom line.
- The Course of Action: The chain implemented the Profitect Delivery & Receiving module to provide a way for the managers to monitor shrink, noncompliance, and operational performance across the entire chain at the store’s back door interface. With the help of the module, the store managers acquired access to the alert system and could identify opportunities to reduce damage and shrink.
- The Results: Using the guided actions provided to the managers and associates, the company increased profits by reducing the loss trend and identifying areas of delivery fraud. In addition, the largest department in sales volume, reduced loss by 50%.