Improve Shipping and Warehousing Operations
The Profitect Logistics and Warehouse (L&W) module allows you to understand the behavior of your store’s logistics and warehouse data. The module identifies untapped growth and profit opportunities by delivering quick, directed actions that can improve the behavior of your warehouse operations. With these prescriptive actions, the module allows the retailer to detect and correct non-compliance before it occurs. It ensures greater long-term success by comparing incoming L&W data with customizable benchmarks and statistical metrics from the equipment, location, and carton level. Using pattern analysis, Profitect delivers directed, timely actions to help improve overall L&W performance and accuracy. The module automatically analyzes data patterns with key performance indicators (KPIs) such as pick rate and accuracy, equipment and associate productivity, and order backlog to identify opportunities and solutions for margin expansion. It provides specific, guided, and actionable insights for additional growth, sending them directly to the appropriate personnel for immediate action. The logistics and warehouse module identifies data anomalies, directly provides decision-makers with specific actions to implement, and continuously measures results to ensure positive outcomes.
- Improves operator productivity
- Reduces miss-picks
- Increases shipment accuracy
- Reduces equipment down-time
- Improves order accuracy
- Increases delivery channel fulfillment
- Supplier and product of shipments
- Store receipts
- Warehouse adjustments
- Order fulfillment; picks
- Equipment and driver utilization
- Return to suppliers
- Receiving claims
The Profitect Logistics & Warehouse module provided users at all levels with real time updates. The best practice solutions bank offered timely, detailed, and guided actions, giving employees effective methods of correcting any issues that were identified.
- The Challenge: A fashion merchandiser was experiencing a pattern of increased claims in the delivery and receiving in the fragrance category across an entire region.
- The Course of Action: The stores implemented the Profitect Logistics & Warehouse module to provide best practice recommendations to recover profits. With the help of the module, the merchandiser discovered that products were being shipped without proper care and some of the products were shipped in pre-opened cases, causing product damage.
- The Results: The module automatically sent an alert to management prompting the retraining of distribution center employees on proper packing and shipping procedures. The opportunity resulted in the store recovering over $110,000 in profits.
The Logistics & Warehouse module immediately helped uncover new ways to reduce shrink using the best practice solutions bank. Profitect implemented the module quickly, worked with us until it was fully deployed, and adapted it to fit our needs.
- The Challenge: A grocery chain was experiencing increased waste in a region. The pattern consisted of an overstock of product, increased out-of-date product, and increased waste.
- The Course of Action: The chain implemented the Profitect Logistics & Warehouse module to provide best practice recommendations to recover profits. With the help of the module, the grocer discovered that the distribution center was pushing product inventory to the stores overriding requested inventory orders, resulting in merchandise sitting in receiving stock rooms beyond expiration date and increased waste.
- The Results: The module automatically sent an alert to the appropriate distribution centers and a task was created to monitor push orders from the distribution center to ensure that proper procedures are followed. The identified opportunity resulted in decreased waste, allocation improvement and decreased out of stock.